About Laura BaetenI'm the founder of Beauty Is Not a Number. I actually used it as a title for my first column about being anorexic. I continued writing bi-weekly columns for 1.5 years and even got an internship because of these columns. Later, when I discovered Healthy Is the New Skinny, I wrote another column with the exact same title. I've always wanted to begin my own platform for people with issues similar to mine. One day, the title popped up again and I figured: this is it. This has to be my new website. It fitted perfectly with the goals and Beauty Is Not a Number was born. I love to read, write, and edit. I love English. I want to help people. Beauty Is Not a Number encompasses all these things and is truly a project of the heart. You can read more about me here.
Read articles by Laura Baeten
- The “Managing Anorexic”: Balancing on the Border of Having and Not Having an Eating Disorder, 15 Dec 2015 in Eating Disorders
- Why Women Do This Workout, 12 May 2015 in Body Image
- What Would You Change About Your Body?, 04 Nov 2014 in Outer Beauty
- Idols and Ideals, 07 Oct 2014 in Self-Esteem
- The Silly Book of Things I Can or Cannot Do, 18 Mar 2014 in Inner Beauty